About the Library
Lewis Library was made possible through a generous gift by Peter B. Lewis, Princeton Class of 1955 and University trustee, and was designed by internationally acclaimed architect Frank Gehry. This bold facility, in the heart of Princeton University’s “science neighborhood,” provides soaring, colorful spaces where students, scientists and faculty can interact and share ideas.
The library reflects the interdisciplinary nature of science. It contains outstanding collections and knowledgeable staff supporting the disciplines of Astrophysics, Biology, Chemistry, Geosciences, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Physics and Psychology. The library also holds the Map Collection, and the Digital Map and Geospatial Information (GIS) Center.
More information about the Lewis Library Building Project.
The other Science and Technologies Libraries at Princeton include Lewis Library and:
The Engineering Library at Friend Center.
The Harold P. Furth Plasma Physics Library at Forrestal Campus.
The Fine Hall Annex (Annex B).