About the Library
Lewis Library was made possible through a generous gift by Peter B. Lewis, Princeton Class of 1955 and University trustee, and was designed by internationally acclaimed architect Frank Gehry. This bold facility, in the heart of Princeton University’s “science neighborhood,” provides soaring, colorful spaces where students, scientists and faculty can interact and share ideas.
The library reflects the interdisciplinary nature of science. It combines the outstanding collections and knowledgeable staff of the Astrophysics, Biology, Chemistry, Geosciences, Mathematics and Physics Libraries, the Map Collection, and the Digital Map and Geospatial Information (GIS) Center.
More information about the Lewis Library Building Project.
The other Science and Technologies Libraries at Princeton include Lewis Library and:
The Engineering Library at Friend Center.
The Harold P. Furth Plasma Physics Library at Forrestal Campus.
The Psychology Library, Green Hall.
The Fine Hall Annex (Annex B).